I'm so excited to share the photos from my baby shower this past Sunday! To say I was blown away when I walked into the studio is an understatement. It was a really emotional day for me and I cried multiple times during the party - blame it on the pregnancy hormones! But in all seriousness, I was so overwhelmed by the time and love they spent making it the perfect celebration for Piper and I. This little girl is already so incredibly loved!
When Ailee and I first chatted about my baby shower months ago all I mentioned is that I didn't want it to be a traditional baby shower which came as no surprise. Trent and I love Punta Mita, Mexico and every time we visit I always bring home something small Otomi pattern. Every piece is made by hand in the village of Otomi and all the fun colors and details are so gorgeous! So when the idea of a party themed around the pattern was thrown out during my conversation with Ailee, I knew I would be pretty much obsessed! From then on, Ailee kept most of the details a secret between her and the other hostesses. Ailee, Britt, Michelle, Amy, Joy and sister Allyson put so much thought into the shower and I can't imagine a more perfect way to celebrate our little lady on the way! I'll let the pictures do the talking but here are a few details to highlight:
- The prettiest custom Otomi invitation by Monica of Paper Flour Ink with laser cut details!
- The wooden food signs with hand illustrated Otomi details by Natalie of Natalie Gene Creative!
- The hand painted Bible for guests to highlight a verse and write a 'Prayer for Piper' to leu of a guest book. Something we will cherish forever!
- The Otomi photo backdrop designed by Monica that matched the invitation
- The CAKE. You guys. It was a work or art and I'm so glad the top layer was a cake dummy because it's going on a shelf in her nursery. Seems fitting for the daughter of Cake & Confetti to a cake in her room, right?! But Monica doesn't do cakes anymore but I'm so grateful she came out of retirement for my shower. The details on the cake were insane!
- The Otomi hand painted macarons by Amy Mei and Wink by Erica. So adorable and delicious!
- The favor bags for the mini bubbly bottles were hand sewn by Ailee's mom. So incredibly thoughtful! I'm reusing one as my sunglass sleeve in my purse. :)
All of the unbelievably talented friends, vendors and sources are tagged below! Xo
- Photos, Piper papel picado, Otomi champagne favor bags sewed by her sweet mom and too many other details to count by Ailee Petrovic | @snapshotsandmythoughts
- Macarons by Wink by Erica and Amy Mei, IG: @winkbyerica and @6120creative
- Vinyl backdrop designed by Monica of Paper Flour Ink, Printed by Signs.com, @paperflourink
- Invitations, cake, topper, bingo cards by Monica of Paper Flour Ink, @paperflourink
- Calligraphy by Nancy of Natalie Gene Creative, @nataliegenecreative
- Table/chair and linen rentals by Aztec Party Rentals, @aztecusa
- Balloons by Big Ass Balloons, @bigassballoons
- Venue - The West Studios, @theweststudios
- Flowers by Blush & Vine, @blushandvine
- Custom napkins from The Monogram Shop, @themonogramshop
- Bible from Hosanna Revival, IG: @hosannarevival