I can't think of a better way to kick off summer than with a colorful poolside party! As the temperatures heat up in Houston, most of our summertime activities revolve around the water. Even if it’s an impromptu happy hour after work, I always try to make even the most simple gathering memorable. Today I'm teaming up with International Concepts to showcase their INC x Popsicle capsule and share five things you need to make your poolside party a success!
1. A colorful outfit: Summer is the perfect time to pair bright colors together. The INC x Popsicle collection available only at Macy's is full of fun, brightly colored options! I'm wearing this Off the Shoulder Top in Orange. I love the pom pom trim detail and it's super breathable making it perfect for hanging outdoors on a warm summer day. I'm fairly tall (I'm 5'10") which makes it hard to find modest yet fashionable shorts. I love how flattering these Curvy Fit Shorts are and they pair perfectly with the red-orange off the shoulder top. When I’m mixing multiple bright colors together I always like to balance out the warm tones with a cooler color. The Yafaa Flat Sandals in teal provide the perfect pop of color and complete the look. Ankle strap sandals are on trend right now and I plan to wear these all summer!
2. Fun floats: Who doesn’t love a pool full of floaties?! It’s no secret these are all the rage right now and understandably so! I always love when party elements are dual purpose and the floats serve as decor and people can float around on them. The unicorn is my favorite - it’s big enough that I can float around on it without getting wet. I’ve linked a few of the floats here: Popsicle, watermelon, unicorn, cherry.
3. Popsicles: I filled this small retro cooler with ice and added the popsicles right before we planned to enjoy them. I love how colorful they are so I removed the wrappers but you can keep them on and top with more ice so they won’t melt. You can also add the popsicles to wine or a cocktail for a fun fruity pop-tail!
4. A large tote: I packed this straw tote with all the essentials - a patterned towel to sit on, sunglasses, plastic wine glasses, fruit and a bluetooth speaker for music. The Livie Pom Straw Tote is the large enough to carry everything you need so you won’t have to make multiple trips inside.
5. Fuss-free invites: I sent out a group text to a few girlfriends inviting them to come hangout with me by the pool to kick off summer. How cute is the push pop emjoji?! I love how it helps set the tone and lets them know they’re in for some fun! You can download your own summer inspired emoji's via this link.