First off let me start by saying I LOVE Christmas! I was born on Christmas Day and when I was little I was convinced when I died I would become one of Santa’s elves haha! I know it seems ridiculous now but as an eight year old I totally thought it could happen. Clearly I had my two Christmas stories mixed up. ;) But growing up Christmas was always such a big deal for our family and we have countless traditions we still honor to this day. As you can see, I'm #teamchristmas all the way BUT I'm absolutely waiting until the weekend after Thanksgiving to get out our decorations and go pick out our tree. To be honest the transition straight from Halloween to Christmas makes me a little sad, Thanksgiving needs some love too!! If you have already decked the halls, have no fear I promise I still love you! :)
Before I share my holiday gift guides and Christmas content, I’ve rounded up a handful of fall things to check off your bucket list! By the way, how adorable is the illustrations by Claire Martin Designs?! She's super talented and was amazing to collaborate with on this project, more to come for sure!
- Tailgate or host a game watching party - we’re over halfway through the season but there are a lot of rivalries still left to play. Keep it simple by making one of my go-to game watching snacks. Check out my recent post here!
- Host a Friendsgiving potluck - gather all of your favorite people around the table and toast to all you have to be thankful for. Ask everyone to bring a side dish, appetizer, dessert or wine so you just have to focus on the main dish and the tablescape. My favorite way to entertain!
- Enjoy all things pumpkin spice - I’m not a huge PSL fan mainly because I don’t love hot coffee but there are plenty of other pumpkin treats and drinks I love. You can see some of my favorites here.
- Pick out a new fall outfit - booties and scarf encouraged! Accessories are the perfect way to still feel put together even when you’re 35 weeks pregnant!
- Surprise your best friend with her favorite coffee or beverage - is there anything better than someone gifting you something you love for no reason?! Spread joy and show how much she means to you by dropping off a little pick me up!
- Make a black Friday must have list - tons of stores are already chatting about their deals for next Friday so make a list of things you want/need to jump start your holiday shopping list!
I'd love to hear your thoughts, having you already jumped into Christmas season or are you enjoying the last bit of fall until after Thanksgiving like me?!